Private Residence Report

Location: Sinking Spring, PA

Date: Saturday October 21, 2006, 8:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.

Moon phase: Last quarter.

Solar weather: Flares normal, geomagnetic field-storm.

Investigators present: Hillary M., Paul M., and John M.

Equipment: Olympus C-3000 digital camera, four Sony digital video cameras with Nightshot and IR extenders, Extech EMF meter, Olympus DS-1 Digital Voice Recorder, Extech IR thermometer, Kodak digital camera, 2 Panasonic digital voice recorders, 2 remote sensor 35mm cameras, Olympus C-4000 digital camera, Olympus 2000 digital voice recorder, NightOwl Nightvision Monocular.

History: Not much is known about the history of this home, except that it was once owned by a clockmaker. It is rumored that another former owner died on the back stoop, right outside the enclosed porch. It is known as fact that a more recent previous owner committed suicide, although not in this house.
  The house was built in 1926. The current owner (Ken) has lived there about 10 years. Both current occupants (Ken and Sharon) have experienced hearing someone running up the stairs to the second floor while they were in the shower (no one else was in the house at the time). Between the two of them, they've experienced it 5-6 times. All occurrences seem to happen in the late afternoon, usually during the summer.
  They have also heard strange sounds, like light switches flipping on and off when no one was there. Ken experienced a breeze blowing past him in the kitchen, when no windows were opened. Sharon saw the apparition of a cat in the dining room. Sharon sometimes sees movement out of the corner of her eye, accompanied by the feeling of a presence. She has also had the radio turn off and back on by itself.

Investigation: We arrived at the residence at around 8:30. I interviewed Ken and Sharon while Paul and John took background readings and control pictures. We noted that there were dogs outside in the backyard.
  We began our investigation at 9:32 in a second floor bedroom. We also placed a video camera in the attic, one on the stairway, and one on the second floor landing. Recorders were placed in the other two bedrooms. The only event worth mentioning is that John got an EMF spike over the bed at 9:35, which we were unable to trace to any reasonable source.
  At 9:45 we moved into the master bedroom. At 9:51, Paul and I moved into the bathroom while John stayed out in the hallway. We turned on the shower for a few minutes hoping to re-enact the "footsteps running up the stairs" incidents. Unfortunately, these sessions were uneventful.
  At 9:55 we moved down to the living room and dining room, where the homeowners were sitting quietly. Paul sat at the bottom of the steps, and John and I sat down in the adjacent dining room. Thirty seconds into the session I heard a clinking noise next to me, like someone tapping on crystal. I heard it again a minute later. Soon after that, John and I heard the empty dining room chair between us creak, as if someone was sitting down in it. During this session we heard a number of creaks, clinks, and knocks that we were unable to find an explanation for. Sometimes they seemed to come in response to our questions. John also got a sharp pain in his eye during this session, as if he'd been poked. At the end of the session (18 minutes in) I got a picture of an orb moving across the curtain behind John.
  At 10:20 p.m., we moved into the office and enclosed porch area. We asked the homeowners to join us, since we seemed to get better results when they were close by. We recorded three unexplained EMF spikes in the enclosed porch before we started recording. A minute and a half into the session, we heard a noise on the ceiling above John. There is no second floor over this part of the house, so there is always the possibility that it was a bird or squirrel. A few minutes later, I got a moving orb over John's head, followed by a faint moving orb on the floor of the office.
  Just before 11:00 p.m., we headed back up to the second floor bedrooms, and spread out. Nine minutes into the recording session, I asked whoever was there to make a noise. John heard three separate bangs in the attic above him. The rest of us heard nothing.
  Next, we all headed to the basement. The only activity we documented here was the clinking noise, which Paul heard right behind him. Paul also got a picture of a moving orb above John's head.
  The homeowner's requested that we try the living room and dining room area again before we left, but this time we got no positive results. We left the residence just before midnight.

Conclusions: When we reviewed our photographs, we found that we obtained more anomalous pictures than we originally thought. Also, although we obtained no EVPs, we did get the knocking sounds on audio. We also got one orb on film, as well as a strange shadow at the bottom of the steps. Because of the angle of the wall at the top of the steps, we determined that the shadow would have to be cast from someone at the bottom of the steps (we were on the second floor at the time), right in front of the camera. We believe that our results warrant further investigation of this home.

Special thanks to Ken and Sharon for inviting us into their home. Hopefully they will allow us to return.

Submitted by Hillary Murdoch